All we know that the crime is increasing rapidly all around the world. We daily read criminal reports on news papers and watch the news on TV. It has become the dilemma of the society. We cannot stop crime individually but we can protect ourselves, and we should use some prevention methods. As well as it is important to stay aware of the surroundings and stay alert to the condition that could make you susceptible to crime. However, there are not specific measures available that can help you to protect yourself from any threatening circumstances, which may happen.
Instead, we can help you to educate you how to consider “Crime Prevention” in daily living. Please be sure that there is not the specific list of prevention methods, but here are some suggestions that can help you to apply some common sense in odd situations so that you can protect yourselves.
• If you are walking then never go alone on an empty road. But if you do not find anyone who can walk with you then you should have the contact number of police or emergency helpline.
• If you notice that someone is following you then do not panic, walk confidently like you know that he or she is following you and avoid talking with them politely.
• At the time of driving a car, if someone has trapped you in your car then you should beep the horn in tiny rapid bursts so that you can get public’s attention.
Protecting your property
• If you want to protect your office then first of all you need to be attentive and aware. Avoid showcasing your office.
• You should install some security devices in your office premises like CCTV cameras or alarming devices to prevent unwanted situations.
• Before leaving the office, make sure that all the doors are closed and locked properly. As well as lock your locker, file cabinet, and desk, etc. On the other hand, hikvision CCTV will help you secure your office.
Reporting an emergency or crime
In case of an emergency, it is your responsibility as a citizen that your report to appropriate authorities about the situation whether you are witness or victim of a crime. You should carry the contact details of Department of Public Safety and Police that have well-trained officers and who are ready to help you 24 hours. Whenever the unpleasant situation arises, you should contact them immediately so that they can come there on time to help you.
When you are contacting them, then it is necessary to provide them some important details so that they can track you easily. These includes your full name, the location of the incident and your contact number, the problem you are going through or some extra information as asked by the officer.